Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Double Sick


Hand, foot, & mouth disease is evil! My precious little baby boy has been ill since last Thursday and hasn’t made much progress with getting better. His fever is gone, but he has a throat and mouth full of painful sore and blisters. Little Buddy has not eaten anything since almost a week ago and bursts into tears and cries out “owie” when he drinks something. Today, his lips are so red and swollen that he can’t close his mouth. There are no medications, other than pain relievers, to help him out. However, he refuses to take anything b/c of the intense pain. This is one of the saddest things I’ve been through as a parent.

Our other little darling has also come down with something! She has a fever, sore throat, and stomachache, but is getting along much better than her baby brother. The hubby has been at home with the children all week. I wish I could be there, but I can’t take off work this week. Please get better soon little angels!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Oh my gosh - I feel so bad for your little ones. I always hear about hand, foot, mouth but have never actually seen it or experienced it. I hope they start feeling better real soon. Call me if you need anything!