We actually did have a little bit of fun on the 4th when we held our own fireworks show! We knew that the kids would be too exhausted to view the city’s fireworks on the river at 9:30, so the hubby and Sugie picked up some fireworks for us. I had fun chasing the “Double Parachuter”, of which I only found one, Sugie loved the “Dancing Butterflies”, and the hubby had a blast dodging shrapnel from the “Saturn Missiles”. (Some even ended up in the pool!!) Little Buddy slept peacefully through the show. 
We had so much fun with our show that we bought more fireworks on Saturday and did it all over again!! At 9:30, loud booming woke Sugie up and really scared her! The 4H Center puts on a big fireworks display annually. We cuddled Sugie on our bed and watched the excitement over the trees in our backyard. Now, that’s my kind of show! No crowds, no bugs, no traffic!!
On Sunday, Sugie begged us for another fireworks show. I think she’s addicted to pyrotechnics!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment