Every parent dreads this phone call. But, with having an adventureous little boy, we all knew this day would come. Last month, I received a call from daycare saying that I needed to pick up Buddy right away and take him to the emergency room.
Of course, I flew out of work to get my precious. The hubby arrived at school before I did and was holding him on his lap. Buddy was not crying, didn't even look like he had been crying, and seemed like everything was ok. He was preoccupied with the spiders he had just gotten out of the treasure box.
Buddy and a friend had been playing downstairs and got their feet tangled up. The friend landed on the floor. Buddy landed on the corner of a wall and split his head open. I wanted to throw up after seeing the deep gash on the back of his head.
Luckily, Buddy's pediatrician offered to look at his head instead of making us go to the emergency room. We had two choices - some stitches, which he said would be painful, or one staple. We opted for the one staple, so the doctor left to find a staple gun. I didn't like the sound of a that!! But, he returned with a little staple gun and stapled Buddy's head shut. Buddy flinched, but never cried. He just wanted to feel what the doctor had just put on his head.
Five days later, we had the staple removed. It seemed easier than putting it in. Buddy did such a great job!!

No comments:
Post a Comment