Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easter Fun!

(Yes, Easter was more than a month ago….I have a lot of catching up to do!)
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Easter 2009
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

I was so excited for the kids to wake up on Easter morning that I was up way before them. I decided to get in the shower before they woke up so I’d be ready for them to discover their Easter baskets. Sure enough, I heard a loud, excited scream while in the shower. Darn! I missed seeing their little faces!!!

The kids were SOOO excited about their Easter baskets! It was cute how Sugie showed Buddy everything in his basket and was so excited for him. After looking outside, they discovered that the Easter Bunny had hidden eggs for them. They had fun trying to locate them all through the windows.

After a long morning at church – we attended one service and worked at the 2nd service – we rushed home for lunch at our house with the family. While we were at church, Mimi and Sugie cooked everything and had lunch waiting for us!! That’s an arrangement I could get used to!

After lunch, we all went outside for the kids Easter egg hunt. As in years past, each kid was assigned one color to hunt for. Since they are older, my sweet niece and nephew’s eggs were much more difficult to locate.

Then, we came inside to celebrate Grandpa’s 85th birthday. The kids also opened more Easter goodies from their relatives. It was a fun-filled day!!! After everyone left around 4:30, the kids and I took a nap! We were exhausted from all of the fun!!

No comments: