Well, another birthday for me has passed on by. I'm quickly nearing the mid-thirties!! Thanks for Grandpa, who still believes that I'm only 29!!!
The hubby and precious children met me for a special dinner out on my birthday. I was still very full from lunch with my co-workers, but still tried to eat. Frequently during dinner, Sugie kept asking when they were going to "have the celebration". We had just been to this restaurant a few weeks earlier and she remembered the staff singing & clapping for a lot of birthdays.
Sure enough, after I forced down some of my dinner, I heard a lot of rhythmic clapping. The hubby said that they were headed in our direction with a huge mug of something. It was one of the biggest brownie sundaes I had ever seen! Sugie thoroughly enjoyed the birthday song, while Buddy tried to pull the stones out of the wall. (He ultimately succeeded, which was our cue that it was time to go!)
At home, the hubby and kids surprised me with gifts, a yummy cake, and pretty flowers. I love how excited Sugie gets about birthdays!! Poor little Buddy was so exhausted that we had to put him to bed before my birthday celebration at home. What a nice birthday!! And this was just the start of my big birthday weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment