Friday, April 25, 2008

Flying High!

I had an amazingly fun adventure this week! I went to our corporate office in St. Louis for a meeting. (That isn't the fun part!) Instead of driving back with the people I rode over with, I hitched a ride on our company's helicopter. I got to co-pilot (well, I got to sit in the front with the pilot) and learned about all of the buttons and gadgets. We flew at 1500 feet, so I was able to see everything. It was amazing to see farmland that was still flooded from rains over 3 weeks ago. I live close to the airport, so the pilot flew us over my house! He hovered over the backyard for what seemed like a few minutes so I could call the family to come outside. Sadly, they were at dance class, so they didn't get to see their rockstar mom! (We wore headphones with microphones to talk, so I was totally getting into the rockstar groove!) I can't wait for my next ride in the 'copter!

No comments: