For Sugie’s birthday, she decided that she wanted to get her ears pierced. We were fine with her decision, but did let her know several times that it was going to hurt – a lot. We didn’t sugarcoat it because I wanted her to be sure of her decision. She was sure that she wanted this done.

She was so excited when the big day finally arrived. (I made her wait until her soccer season had ended.) She picked out pink daisies, of course, for her starter set. After waiting almost 15 minutes for both girls to become available, it was piercing time.
Sugie flinched when they brought the guns up to her ears. Then, she started crying. She screamed when the earrings went in and cried and cried and cried. The hubby was there holding her hand through it all.

I videotaped the whole event, but I don’t know if we’ll ever watch the video. It would be like watching someone torture your child. It wasn’t a very fun time seeing Sugie in pain.

We went out for a special lunch afterwards. She wore a “I Just Got My Ears Pierced” sticker, which hopefully explained her tear stained face to everyone.
It’s been a few days now since the big event. So, I asked her if she was glad that she did it. She gave me an emphatic “YES!” Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment