I took an early lunch at work on Monday to have lunch with my precious daughter at school. She was SO excited that I was there. She invited her two best friends to eat with us. They were silly and I saw some really bad eating habits. (I guess I probably ate my Ding Dongs and snack cakes, too, before I ate the healthy food.)
Sugie and her best friends
Then, I went out on the playground with them for recess. Sugie seemed so proud that I was there. She held my hand, gave me plenty of hugs, introduced me to more of her friends, and even wanted me to hold her.
She begged me to stay all day. I would have if I could have! I know the days of her actually speaking to me in public will soon be over. I'll soon be that embarrassing parent that no kid wants to acknowledge. So, I will also treasure our special lunch date at her school! I love my girl so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment